- LP100 - Optimization of 100 Gb/s near field wireless transmitters under consideration of power limits
- SPARS - Development of Novel System and Component Architectures for Future Innovative 100 GBit/s Communication Systems
- W-Band CMOS-PA - W-Band High Efficiency Power Amplifier in CMOS-Technology
- Tera50 - A 10-1000 GHz Wireless Measurement System with 50 GHz Bandwidth
- DAAB - On-Chip Integrated Distributed Amplifier and Antenna Systems in Locally-Backside-Etched SiGe BiCMOS for Receivers with Ultra-Large Bandwidth
- maximumMIMO - Maximum spectral Efficiency by parallel Multiple-Input-Multiple-Output Transfer using high density 3D-Antenna-topology
- M4 - Ultra Wideband Communications based on Massive MIMO and Multi-mode Antennas Suitable for Mobile Handheld Devices
- PolyData - Integrated active antenna arrays with polarization multiplexing for broadband communications at W-band
- Real100G.COM - Mixed-Mode Baseband for 100 Gbit/s Wireless Communication
- Real100G.RF - Fully integrated Radio-Front-End Module for wireless 100 Gbps Communication
- DataRace - Fully Integrated Dual-Polarized Antenna Array with Ultra-Wideband Single-Chip CMOS Receiver
- SPP1655 Coordination
This research topic opens an area with absolutely new data speed for wireless systems of 100 Gb/s and more. Until now these data rates are the domain of communication via fiber optical systems. To acheave such high data rates in wireless systems we need new paradigms of system architecture, new algorithms and technological methods as well as new semiconductor devices. Several projects will perform basic research on new onsets and methods. But a high grade of interdisciplinarity is necessary, because only a close cooperation between semiconductor technology, microelectronics, radio frequency ingeneering, communication, information theory and informatics will succeed. The focus will be on new paradigms of distribution into the hardware and software area or into analogue and digital subsystems. The biggest challenge is the energy efficiency of wireless communication. New, high integrated semiconductor components and integration concepts are needed. We expect lots of synergies to the area of embedded systems arquitecture, electronic circuits, connection technics and protocol design. Especially the extremely low energy circuits will be influenced, which will be of an high importance.
The program also addresses the professional training and academic qualification. We want to support especially young scientists and motivate to the highest level in the scientific PhD thesis. The projects make available an family friendly environment and offer special courses. The interdsciplinarity will be supported by special courses and summer schools to open the view to the whole system.
This program will support the place of german research on wireless communications compared to international competitors. Germany becomes attractive for high potential researchers from all over the world. Nevertheless applications based on highest data rates can be published to many people and will help, to inspire young people for a carreer on communication technologies. The new paradigms and solutions will help to bring the german industry back to a frontier position. This is important, because completely new application fileds are expected in the future.